Our Core Beliefs
IN ESSENTIALS UNITY, IN NON-ESSENTIALS LIBERTY, IN ALL THINGS CHARITY.
A great commitment to the Great Commandment and Great Commission grows a Great Church!
At Church of the Holy Apostles, we have unity around these beliefs. We believe:
The work of the Holy Spirit continues today with undiminished power.
- The Holy Spirit is with believers forever (John 14:16)
- His activity was not exhausted in the first century and is present among us
- It is authoritative in all matters of faith.
- It is “God-breathed” for training in righteousness.
- Praise and thanksgiving usher us into the presence of God (Psalm
- We offer seeker-friendly worship in the Anglican/Episcopal tradition
- Jesus came to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:10)
- We reach out our families, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and other people with the Gospel of Jesus.
- We follow Paul’s example in reaching out to our community (I Corinthians 9:22)
- We strive to communicate God’s message in culturally relevant ways.
- God’s will is for every believer to become like Jesus (Ephesians 4: 13).
- We provide opportunities and support for all followers of Jesus Christ, from our children to adults, to grow spiritually.
- Fulfillment comes through serving others. The pastors equip the people to do the work of ministry, the work of every believer. (Ephesians 4)
- Jesus commanded all His followers to continue His ministry (Matthew 28: 18-20)
- High quality Christian nurturing and eduction for children and teens secures them for the future (Proverbs 22:6)
- Leading succeeding generations to Jesus is both a family and congregational responsibility.