This is my very first blog, ever. At first I was very nervous about writing a blog. Many questions swirled in my head as I imagined having to write something for many people to read. What should I say? How can I write, I am not a writer? What will people think? Do I have to be inspirational? So many questions and yet here I am writing my very first blog. I decided I should write about something that I hope will give you some great ideas to make this the best summer yet with your children.
With school coming to a close for this year, parents will be scrambling to find things to do with their children this summer. I love summer time. I love having my kids home and all the time we get to spend together seeing new things and returning to some of our favorite places. I wanted to give all my readers a top ten favorite places to visit over the summer. Many are just a short drive away and others will give you lots of family bonding time in the car. Seriously, get a DVD player if the trip is more than 2 hours. It will keep everyone sane for at least a couple hours.
10. A day trip to Austin, TX. Lots of great sites to see and outdoor activities for the whole family. I suggest a trip to the Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary. It is located on a beautiful piece of land. The mission of Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary is to assist animals in need through rescue, rehabilitation and education.
9. A day trip to New Braunfels, TX and a visit to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. On the Safari you get up close and personal with many different animals. As you drive through the ranch, the animals come up and feed right out of your car. It is awesome to see these animals just roaming around freely.
8. A day trip to New Braunfels and a visit to the Natural Bridge Caverns. This a Texas's Largest Underground Adventure. It is really a blast for the whole family.
7. Cool off with a visit to the Blue Bell Ice Creamery is Brenham, TX. This is a great way to see one of America's favorite deserts being made. The tour ends with a tasty treat of ice cream. It is a great way to spend a day.
6. Picnic and flying kites. Do people even fly kites anymore. Well we do and it is always a great time for everyone. Pack yourself a yummy lunch and some kites and find yourself a park or really anywhere that has a big open space. Watch out for trees.
5. A trip to the Downtown Aquarium. Sharks, White Tigers, Ferris Wheel, a Huge Aquarium, and a Touch Tank with Sting Rays and Baby Sharks. Your kids will love this adventure.
4. A stay at home movie marathon. This is a day when everyone stays in their pajamas all day and you get out all of your favorite movies and watch them back to back. It is truly one of our favorite days in the summer. Everyone gets to pick their favorite movie and then we pick some that we all like.
3. All day swim, then karaoke and BBQ night. Enough said!!!
2. A trip to Galveston. My family and I love Moody Gardens. If you haven't checked out Palm Beach you are missing out on a lot of fun. Wave pool, lazy river, giant slides, kids splash zone, and white sandy beaches. What could be better then that?
1. A trip to Destin, FL. This was the best trip that we have ever taken as a family. It is a little bit of a drive but so worth it. The beaches are magnificent, the water is clear and beautiful. If your family is in need of real rest and relaxation this summer, this is the trip for you. We honestly did nothing all day but sit on the beach and swim in the ocean. The hardest decision we had to make all day was where to eat for dinner.
Take time this summer to check out some of my families favorite places or find some of your own. As my oldest goes into her sophomore year of high school next year, I am reminded that our kids grow up so fast. Before we know it they will be in college and starting families of their own. Make memories with them now. The memories from any trip are sure to last a lifetime.