This is the time of year my kids hate - Back-to-School shutdown. Early rise, early bedtime, no tv, no video games, etc. We go full blown military style!
If you know me then you know it's not that serious. Typically, we encourage the kids by taking a trip the week before or go to a nice restaurant for a big dinner. This year we're trying something different. We're asking each of our kids to answer the questions below and we're taking them out for ice cream, individually, to learn more about them and how we can grow with them.
I encourage you to make the questions your own and if you don't have kids maybe try this with a niece or nephew or neighborhood kid you've developed a relationship with. God loves Intentionality!
1. Write down you're favorite moment in school last year
C. Spiritually (God revealing himself, experience ágape love for a friend, etc.)
2. A situation that made yoy feel uncomfortable (teacher comment, friend asking them to do something wrong, etc.)
3. What would you do differently?
4. What will you repeat that made you successful?
5. What friends brought out the best in you?
6. What friends brought out the worst in you?
7. The best help mommy and daddy provided? Grade us.
8. Was there a time you wish we did something for you?
9. What can we do differently this year?
O taste and see! In his presence and with his people.